I found this performance of Enemies by Hannah Georges buried in my Watch Later playlist yesterday. There’s such a great low-key, calm, cool vibe to the rhythm of this song. And a nice surprise to see Julie Fader singing harmonies too.
- I have a couple of these old Polaroid Land Cameras and while traditional pack film is increasingly hard to come by, this Kickstarter by Newland means I realistically can keep at least one of them in working rotation.
- It’s too early to know what will really come of NEOM's zero-gravity city in Saudi Arabia, THE LINE, but it’s an interesting experiment that, even if it ends in failure, will yield a number of interesting and useful innovations.
- Ben Kiel and Jesse Ragan’s foundry XYZ Type got a delightful website redesign this week. Their low-cost trial license approach to be able to test out the full character set and features is smart.
- 1Password 8 for iOS and Android has finally arrived and it’s great.
- This sponge toothbrush is either a sick joke or maybe brilliant? I dunno.
- I am known to mind wonder frequently while out on walks. It’s good for you.
- The mockups resource we never knew we wanted or needed — Fockups.
- The Medium Really is the Message. Ding, ding ding Ezra.
- RIP to legendary pop and R&B songwriter Lamont Dozier.
Notable Type Releases
- The Pyte Foundry’s Kinckq is a modern reinterpretation of a classic and utterly weird wood type typeface, now with variable type tech under the hood.
- Amster from Francisco Gálvez (nee Pampatype) has a jaunty yet graceful movement to it which is especially evident in the italics. It also is loaded with alternates, ligatures, and some great manicules too.
- Connary Fagen’s monoline script face Mielle is crying to hold a brand’s voice together either as a supporting figure while also being able to take center stage.